Toronto Horton Explosion: “It Never Happened”

12 April 2006: The Northeast Intelligence Network is continuing to receive information and investigate the curious “explosion” that occurred at the Tim Horton’s Coffee shop in Toronto on Sunday, 2 April 2006. Two sources who were at the scene have provided information to the Northeast Intelligence Network, which is being independently verified by our investigators. Based on the information obtained to date, the official explanation is, at best, inaccurate. The details of our findings will be provided as they are confirmed by our investigators.

Inside Information on Toronto Blast

Exclusive Investigation Details Casts Doubt on Official Explanation

By Doug Hagmann, Director, Licensed Investigator

3 April 2006: Investigation conducted by the Northeast Intelligence Network into the explosion and fire at a Tim Horton’s Coffee shop in Toronto that occurred at approximately 1:00 pm yesterday has provided some information not made public by authorities. The specific information obtained by Northeast Intelligence Network investigators located in Canada and New York casts doubt on the official explanation of the events provided by Toronto Police that the fire and explosion was caused by gasoline, and the dead man was intent on either committing suicide or causing arson to the facility. Contrary to the official explanation, there is a strong indication that the explosive substance TATP (triacetone triperoxide), also known as the Mother of Satan and a homemade and very unstable explosive was used in this blast.

This is the same substance used by “the despondent” Joel Henry Hinnrichs outside of the Oklahoma University stadium on October 1, 2005 - a blast that was ruled as a “suicide” and unrelated to terrorism.


According to initial reports, a male walked into the Tim Horton’s Doughnut Shop located near the intersection of Yonge and Bloor Streets, only a few yards from the entrance to Toronto’s largest subway station and one of the busiest intersections in the city about 1:00 pm yesterday. The male was observed by restaurant patrons and at least one employee who observed him entering the washroom immediately upon arrival. A number of those witnesses described the male subject as having something strapped to his upper body or otherwise visible through his outer clothing. Within minutes after the male entered the restroom, a “loud bang” was heard and a concussion was felt throughout the establishment, sending customers and some employees fleeing from the restaurant.

Police responded and found one dead male inside of the restroom, signs of an explosion and small fire, and what appeared to be batteries and wires near the body. Based on these observations, police immediately closed busy Yonge Street in both directions while a preliminary investigation was initiated.

According to reports by police and fire officials, “It doesn’t appear that there was much of a fire at all. There was a very small amount of smoke upon our arrival.” The washroom of the ceiling suffered explosive damage, and wires and batteries through to have been part of some type of bomb were, according to police, “part of an air freshening device inside of the washroom.”

Apparently ripping a page from the FBI’s public relations manual, Staff Sgt. Don Cole of Toronto police told reporters that the victim was likely an arsonist or attempting suicide. “He’s not a strap-on al-Qaeda bomber guy,” Cole said. “It sounds to me like a guy who either wanted to do a torch job or commit suicide”


Daryl Fuglerud, a spokesman with Toronto’s fire department, told reporters the man who died had burns to his body. “It doesn’t appear that there was much of a fire at all,” Fuglerud said. “There was a very small amount of smoke upon our arrival.” He added that the investigation was turned over to police because it was a “possible criminal” case.

After the explosion, a police robot was used to remove a duffel bag from the doughnut shop and detonate the bag that reportedly contained school supplies.